Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh yea... I'm here!

On December 30th, I boarded a plane to South Africa along with Kirsten (my roommate, co-worker, and "other-half" while I'm here) and 5 short-term team members from my home church. After over 18 hours of flying and 26 hours of travel, we’ve arrived safely at Sunbury Christian Camp just in time to celebrate New Year's Eve with fireworks! New Year's Day is my Birthday, and I celebrated with the Sunbury family as they made me cards and gave me a freshly cut bouquet of flowers. I share a birthday with Ryne Seghers (his parents work at Sunbury) and he has allowed me to crash his birthday party for 3 years now.


The week to follow was busy with the Annual ZEMA Missionary Conference, when all the Missionaries gather for a week of sharing reports, enjoying rest and spending time together. Normally I would be with the Short-Term team cooking in the kitchen all week and taking care of the kids, however this year I was expected to be in the meetings. I enjoyed hearing all that God is doing through each ministry within ZEMA and look forward to being a part of it this year.



The CCC Team left today, and this afternoon Kirsten and I will be moving into our house!!! I will post house pictures very soon, once we get everything settled. Originally we were supposed to share a one-room flat, but were blessed with a 3 bedroom house that became available while another family is on furlough. We are very thankful for extra elbow room!

I hope to post more often that I have so far, the internet is sparse at times and we are just starting a "normal schedule" too. Will write more soon...

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in your house! Glad to hear things are going well. :)

    ReplyDelete